Articulation Cards

I am starting a new adventure friends, I am officially entering uncharted territory and am out of my comfort zone. I have so much to learn this year and am excited/nervous to get started.  I am talking about my new job as a speech-language pathologist!  I will not be working in the school system next year but I will still be working with children.  So, when I was thinking of what materials I am going to need the first thing that came to mind was articulation cards.  Articulation therapy is what most people think of when they think of speech-language pathologists and a lot of the kiddos I work with will be working on correcting their articulation skills (for example a kiddo could say "tup" for "cup").  

Instead of spending a lot of money that I don't have buying pre-made articulation cards I decided to make them and spend the next days (maybe weeks…) printing, laminating and cutting them out!  As I run the 128723 laminating pouch through my tiny home laminator (what I wouldn't give for the school laminator right about now) I keep telling myself this is saving me money. : )  I know most of you who read the blog (if there are any of you left, sorry about my hiatus this past year but being pregnant and having a baby took a lot more out of me than I expected) are teachers but there is a high chance you have one or more kiddos with articulation disorders in your classroom and maybe I'll pick up some SLP readers along the way??  

So, I am forging ahead with speech related posts, I totally understand if this is not your cup of tea but I do hope you stick with me and pop by every now and then. I haven't ruled out educational materials as many are adaptable for speech too and I have a ton of teacher friends that request materials so ya never know when I'll mix in something that is classroom related too.

The past few weeks I have created packs of articulation cards and finally got them posted to TPT last night.  Here are some previews of what I am working with.









All packs offer a total of 20 phonemes with 30 cards per phoneme (10 cards in each position; initial, medial and final).  The only exception is the R blends cards, they are all in the initial position but there are still 30 cards. I have also grouped them all into a bundle pack so you can save even more money and get all 150 cards for only $10.  Now I know there is a lot of prep work involved (trust me, I haven't even started cutting!) but you can save hundreds by going this route.  You can click on this picture for the bundle pack!

Here are a few pictures of the printed versions and my workspace for the day : )





I have a few more articulation resources in the works that just need the eye of my editor (my sweet husband) before they will be posted, more to come!

3 comments

  1. So glad to see you posting again. I had our little one back in April and pregnancy definitely took me for one this time around. Hope to see some new class room material from you in the future. Congrats on your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome little helper you have there!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete