Sunday, January 26

Shakin' it Up!

I know it probably feels like I have been saying this forever, especially to those who have been reading the blog for a while but I will soon be switching from teaching to speech-language pathology.  In fact, if I can get the rest of my clinical hours completed, and pass a few majorly important tests I will graduate in May!! I have thought a lot about how I am going to make this transition and what it will mean for the blog and I don't really have an answer because I have no idea where I want to work after this school year.  I plan on applying to lots of different places and seeing what's out there.  

But, I still have a considerable amount of clinical hours (which are kind of like student teaching) to complete and a baby on the way before I can think about where to look for a job.  So, I have been working on making my new speech kiddos some materials to use during our therapy sessions this semester.  I know my audience is primarily teachers but many of the materials I use with my speech kiddos can be used in someway in the classroom so I figured I would still share them here.  And maybe I'll pick up some SLP readers here and there?? : )

 I just finished this pack this weekend and it's called Read it, Say it, Play it!  This pack focuses on words with L blends, and eventually I intend on making similar packs just with different words (s-blends are next on my list). If you haven't noticed, begin pregnant has made me seriously slow down on the creating (and blogging) front.  I'd like to say that it will pick up again soon but my energy is about half of what I used to have.  Growing a baby is hard work! : )

 While I intend to use this pack during articulation therapy, it can also be used with kiddos who are learning to read words with L blends.  It has many of my kiddos favorite games (Bingo, Uno-like card games, etc.). You can click on either image below to check it out on TPT.  

Graduating in May has become even more important since we also expecting our little one right around the same time!  My husband and I have been busy getting his nursery ready these past few weeks since we are just a tad busy this semester I wanted to get a jump start on it. I wanted to share a Pinterest project that my husband and I worked on this week!  Hanging these shelves were not fun or easy but I am so happy with how they turned out! Since we are both teachers, of course we knew we wanted lots of children's books in his room.  These shelves are all over Pinterest.  They are actually spice racks from IKEA.
As always thanks for hanging in there with me and I hope you have a great week!

5 comments:

Patty Rutenbar said...

Congrats on your up coming graduation! Your timing is perfect. How fun to switch gears from teaching to being a speechie! Best of luck!
Patty

The Tacky Teacher said...

Congrats on your baby! I saw that you are from Hope Mills, I am from Fayetteville! If you are currently in CCS, I'm sure we will miss a teacher like you!

The Colorful Apple said...

Love the bookshelves! I agree, growing a baby is hard work...I feel like I've barely blogged this year. Congrats to you!

Sara :)
The Colorful Apple

Tania said...

I could not find those spice racks the last two times I went to IKEA. I love the bookshelf idea. Hope the belly is growing nice and big :)
tania
My Second Sense

Evangeline Apostolidis said...

I'm an aspiring SLP currently teaching, so I'm glad to have read this! I look forward to following your journey!

Post a Comment